Plane Crashed killed 68 people in Nepal

Plane Crashed in Nepal, Central Nepal killed 68 passengers. Passenger’s live video clearly shows the last disturbing images before the crash.

As search and rescue efforts continue on the ground, a video that is said to show the last terrifying moments inside the cabin of Yeti Airlines flight 691 before it crashed in Nepal on Sunday has been shared globally online.

The plane went down while en route from Kathmandu, Nepal’s capital, to Pokhara, a popular tourist destination in the Himalayas. A spokesperson for the airline stated that there were 72 passengers aboard, including four members of the crew.
The crash was the nation’s deadliest air disaster in more than 30 years, with all but one body recovered.

Tuesday, a local official named Anil Shahi stated that the search for the final victim is ongoing.

Sonu Jaiswal, a passenger, is said to have live streamed the video from inside the plane, beginning just before the crash. It depicts a plane window with the wing visible outside and the aircraft dipping sharply to the left from the window.

In the background, there is conversation and laughter, and Jaiswal turns the video to himself at one point, seemingly unaware of the imminent danger. A mix of Hindi and Punjabi can be heard being spoken excitedly by several passengers; As the plane passes by a lake, one person remarks, “Look at that body of water, it’s excellent.”

The pilot and the airline staff did not issue any emergency warnings, so the plane appears to be in a calm state. Soon after, shouts can be heard as the video suddenly begins to shake; Before the scene bursts into flames, the camera loses focus and only shows flashes of light and loud noise.

Based on geolocation, a flight manifest, and information on the Yeti Airlines website, has confirmed the video.

Jaiswal is listed as a passenger on the flight manifest, and the airline’s website indicates that he has a seat that corresponds to the images taken inside the plane.

Arman Ansari, a friend of Jaiswal’s in India, also confirmed that he was in the video. He added that he was on the flight watching Jaiswal on Live video.

We were looking at it. It was only shown to us for a few seconds before it was cut. We didn’t give it much thought,” he stated.

Aryaka Akhouri, the chief of India’s Gazipur district, where Jaiswal lived, claimed that she had spoken with his parents and that they confirmed that he was on the plane and filming the video.

The video, according to a spokesperson for the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal (CAAN), is not from Sunday’s crash. He responded that he and his team lacked any technical evidence to back up that claim when pressed. Instead, as evidence that it wasn’t the Yeti Airlines flight, he pointed to passengers laughing at the first sign of turbulence before panic set in seconds later.

Mary Schiavo, an aviation analyst, said that the video could be useful in the investigation because it might have revealed information that the plane’s black box did not. She noted, for instance, that the aircraft’s flap, which provides additional lift during landing, “does not appear to be fully extended.”

She went on to say that “they had power to at least one engine” appears to be the sound of an engine.
Search and recovery efforts for the two people still missing continued on Tuesday, according to Nepali police. Ajaya KC, the chief of the district police, stated that the foggy weather was hindering the search and that authorities planned to use drones to locate the missing once the weather improved.

French investigators will arrive on the scene by Tuesday to assist in the ongoing investigation into the crash’s cause. According to officials, the plane’s black box, which stores flight data, was recovered on Monday and will be given to CAAN.

Tuesday, aviation authorities reported that just minutes before the plane went down, the pilot had requested a runway change from air traffic controllers.

According to CAAN spokesperson Jagannath Niroula, Pokhara airport has two runways that pilots can choose from when landing, and the pilot’s request has been granted.

He stated, “The tower approved it when the Yeti Airlines pilot asked the tower if he could take the second runway to land.” Since it wasn’t a technical issue on their end, the tower controllers didn’t ask why the pilot wanted to use a different runway than was originally planned, Niroula CAAN spokesperson stated.

He added that the pilot did not notify the controllers of the Pokhara airport tower of any distress calls.

On Monday, large crowds held candlelit vigils for the victims in Kathmandu and Pokhara.

Yeti Airlines released a statement on Monday stating that at least 41 of the recovered bodies have been identified. According to police, some of the bodies will be delivered to their families in Pokhara, while others, including those belonging to foreign nationals, will be flown to Kathmandu on Tuesday.

According to CAAN, the ship carried fifteen individuals from India, Russia, South Korea, Australia, Ireland, Argentina, and France.

In Pokhara, families waiting outside the hospital where autopsies are being performed were captured on video on Monday. According to officials from the police and the airline, the arrival of a team of forensic experts in Pokhara on Monday afternoon caused the postmortems to be delayed.

A few families have begun to express their grief by speaking out. The family of Australian victim Myron Love said in a statement on Tuesday that the 29-year-old teacher “lived life to the fullest” and was an avid cyclist.

Leave a Reply